Today is the last day of 2003. We're almost halfway through and still we don't have a suitable name for this decade.
Fimoculous has compiled every "besta the year" list onto one page, so that nobody will go hungry. I have one more list that doesn't belong on that compilation.
- Best new toy: My (now) dual Slimp3 players
- Best Xbox game, not counting Halo: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (finished last night)
- Best record discovered in 2003, but recorded in 2002: Source Tags & Codes by ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
- Worst record of 2003 and 2002: Liz Phair's sack of excrement that I can't recall the name of
- Best sports related experience: Chanting "5 more outs!" during the 8th inning of game 6 in the Cubs-Marlins series
- Worst sports related experience: The following 20 minutes
- Best bargain: $1600 in free airline vouchers for delyaing our filght to Scotland by 12 hours
- Worst bargain: Getting ripped $1000 by Avis for a small scratch on our rental car in Scotland
- Best rainbow: Isle of Skye, Scotland
- Best new friend who can't say my name: Dan's newborn daughter, Ella
- Best new friend who can't say my name (honorable mention): Bruce's bull mastiff, Beasley
- Best movie you might not have seen: Whale Rider
- Worst movie you might not have seen: 21 Grams (Critically acclaimed, but it was a slow and painful ride for me)
- Best dining experience: Jilly's Cafe in Evanston
- Worst dining experience: $5 Plastic wrapped egg salad sandwiches at Culzean Castle, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Best new skill acquired: Driving on the left side of the road.
- Best live music experience: The Polyphonic Spree at Empty Bottle
- Best new addiction: Weblogging
Add as you like.
I loved and highly recommend 21 Grams.
Happy New Year, anyway!
100% behind you on the Polyphonic Spree Concert- they rock live!
Whale Rider - I cried - even at the end i felt kinda sad. Great show to watch alone.